BusXpert Micro II Analyzer
The new SerialTek BusXpert Micro II revolutionizes the analysis of devices and systems utilizing the high speed SAS and SATA storage protocols.
With key features found in few other SAS/SATA analyzers the Micro II is a portable, lightweight unit that supports up to 72 GBs of capture buffer, Hardware Accelerated Gigabit Ethernet, pre-indexed and compressed trace data and multiple analysis processors.
It is a 4 port 12 Gb/s analyzer that is also compatible with slower speeds and protocols. A 2 port model, licensed upgradable to 4 ports, is also available. SATA data rates of 3.0 Gb/s and 6 Gb/s are supported as are SAS data rates of 3.0 Gb/s, 6.0 Gb/s and 12.0 Gb/s.
It is portable weighing 4.5 lbs or roughly the same as an average notebook computer; but it has the power and capabilities of solutions that are much much larger. This makes it an ideal tool not only for lab environments but also for field and support engineers.
The analyzer employs next generation high-speed transceivers, providing for accurate and reliable first-time linkup. Two modes of linkup are supported. In addition, the analyzer supports optional user calibration controls to assist in linkups with sub-optimal signal integrity conditions.
It features easy to use triggering, pre/post-filtering, textual search and sequence search, and many different displays of the captured traffic. It is available in a variety of configurations to fit specific needs for buffer size, port-count, protocols, and budget.
The BusXpert provides a variety of powerful traffic displays, with some optimized for different protocol layers, some optimized for time relationships, some correlate directly with the PCI Express specification, and some provide just the user data. All of the views are exportable via CSV and XML. Additionally, some can be exported to HTML. Bookmarks make it easy to label and discuss specific events in the trace.
The software provides for a new and powerful waveform “eye” display. This is a unique capability, founded typically on oscilloscopes, that allows for digital signals to be easily observed in a graphic form. The feature permits users to take control over sample rates and display resolution. The graphic in figure 1 shows an actual diagram taken during a capture of the SAS protocol. Eye diagrams are used as an aid in obtaining the optimal signal integrity by graphically showing the effects of varying calibration settings on the received serial data. Eye diagrams may be saved as either a graphical image or a file containing all the data and options needed to reconstruct the eye diagram. Now SAS and SATA engineers have not only the ablity to observe the upper layer protocol transactions but also the lower physical layer information in a single compact, portable unit.
All SerialTek tools are designed to accurately capture, decode and analyze high-speed storage and communication traffic. Our solutions help engineers verify, locate and resolve issues with their product designs. This shortens development and testing cycles, improves product quality and reduces time to market.
Features & Benefits
- Multiple mechanisms to achieve reliable and accurate link ups
- Record, upload and display up to 12 Gb/s SAS and up to 6 Gb/s SATA traffic in seconds with either Gigabit Ethernet or USB 3.0
- Eye-Opener front-end, Tunable RX/TX signalling, and 500ps timestamp resolution for industry’s most accurate capture
- Available with 4 bi-directional ports and up to 72 GB of trace buffer; a 2 port version that supports up to 36 GBs of trace buffer is also available
- Lightweight and compact design for ultra-portability
- Built in eye diagram display
- Upload and display traces using USB 3.0 or Gigabit Ethernet > 70 MB/s
- Pre-Indexed Trace for faster searching and display
- 500 pico second Timestamp Resolution capture
- Tunable RX/TX signalling
- Lightweight and Compact
- Cascade multiple units for time and event based synchronization
- Unique Status LEDs per port