PCIe Interposers & Taps
SerialTek provides two market-leading PCI Express® (PCIe®) protocol analysis solutions, the BusXpert PRO and the BusXpert Micro, for the design and test of products that integrate PCIe technology; this includes host bus storage adapters, computer systems, servers and storage products.
A wide range of cost-effective and flexible probing options are available for BusXpert Analyzer users. These interposer solutions are designed to provide maximum performance and flexibility when capturing PCI Express communication data between hosts and devices; they include slot, M.2 and SFF-8639 interposers.
Cost-effective, reliable and high performance SFF-8644 cables are used to connect a interposer to the SerialTek PCIe Analyzer. These cables are rated at 12 Gb/s making them a suitable interconnect for PCIe analysis; yet unlike some other high speed cables, SFF-8644 cables are easier to handle and easier to use. One competing solution utilize very bulky, expensive and hand-built iPass-type cabling that can fail out in the field.
All SerialTek interposers are compliant with the PCI Express 1.x, 2.x and 3.0 specifications; they are rated for 8 GT/s yet they also inter-operate at lower data rates.
- Compliant with PCI Express 1.x, 2.x and 3.0 specifications
- Wide variety of interposers designed to help accurately capture PCIe data traffic at all line rates including 8 GT/s, 5 GT/s and 2.5 GT/s
- Interposers offered include: slot, (adapter cards), M.2 and SFF-8639 interposers
- “Passive” tapping to avoid masking, hiding or “cleaning up” electrical and/or link issues
- User set-able physical or "software-based" jumpers to change long, short and gains values
- Slot Interposers
- x1, x4 and x8
- Scope output to oscilloscope option
- SFF-8644 cabling between analyzer and slot interposers
- Dimensions: 10.125” (length) x 6.5” (height) / 25.72 cms x 16.5 cms
- x1 & x4: 9.125 ozs / 269 grams
- x8: 10 ozs / 284 grams
- Up to x4, Gen 3
- Drive Length Support: 30 mm, 42 mm, 60 mm and 80 mm
- Dimensions: 7 3/4” (length) x 3 5/8” (width) / 19.69 cms x 9.20 cms
- Weight: 2.75 ozs / 77 grams
- Up to x4, Gen 3
- Dimensions 14” (length)3 x 6.06” (width) / 35.56 cms x 15.40 cms
- Weight: 10.25 ozs / 291 grams